Forum 2.0

2099 Find God in nature

For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. Rom 1:20 ESV

Scripture considers nature as one big sanctuary. Even though the effects of sin are also visible, creation clearly testifies about the Creator. The Bible says everyone can perceive it! Yes, the earth is filled with the glory of the Lord! Just look up, for example, at the immense dome of God’s cathedral over us: the sky’s vistas constantly changing, its colours turning pink, orange and red in the evening. How beautiful! It’s indeed a sin to stand in such a tremendous temple, but not to worship. No, nature is God’s work and contains God’s presence – therefore it’s sacred! The abuse of nature that we witness today is a sin against God’s command to “work” the earth and to “keep” it. God’s children should be at the forefront of actions to preserve it! Let’s acknowledge the Creator, though, from his creation: when you observe a leaf unfolding, when you hear the joyful chirping of the birds, the crashing of the waves, forever advancing and retreating – when you look up at the night and realize the vastness of what you see, praise God. Praise God! Say: “how great Thou art, how great Thou art!”

Lord, thank you for your permeating presence. Everything is holy! Help me to honour you when I’m in awe of the beauty of nature. Amen.

Where is God? God is in nature!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2017 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –