Forum 2.0

2113 Learn the inward disciplines

Do these devotions bless you? Then forward them to a friend! To subscribe to this free daily mail click here.  

Now Jesus was praying in a certain place, and when he finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, as John taught his disciples." Luk 11:1 ESV

Our spiritual disciplines are the spaces we make in our busy lives for God. Several types of spiritual disciplines have been defined and the first one we’ll consider is the “inward disciplines”. These represent the spiritual practices of the heart. The most well-known, of course, is the practice of PRAYER – the privilege of communicating with God. Then there is the practice of reading his WORD, which we have covered as well. Other inward practices are SILENCE (before God and in general) and MEDITATION, which we see as a conscious consideration of God’s Word. To practice JOY or to WORSHIP in our heart are also inward disciplines. We cannot, of course, incorporate all the spiritual disciplines that exist, but we can incorporate some of them – even in busiest of days. Do the practices we mentioned tug at your heart? Do you yearn for a closer walk with God? Make a start, then, and implement in your life what you can. Just do it! Start small and push through – it’s so worth the effort!

Lord Jesus, my heart longs for a deeper walk with you. Teach me how to make space for you in my day. Amen.

Convert your needs into deeds!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –