Forum 2.0

2115 Learn the corporate disciplines

Do these devotions bless you? Forward them to a friend! For free subscription click here.

Some people have gotten out of the habit of meeting for worship, but we must not do that. We should keep on encouraging each other, especially since you know that the day of the Lord's coming is getting closer. Heb 10:25 ESV

Spiritual disciplines are the practices and habits that focus our lives on God. There are different types of disciplines and the last of these, which we’ll turn to now, are the “corporate disciplines”. They are the practices done together with others. The best known of these is the COMMUNITY of the believers. Discipleship is meant to be done in relationship, in community: we need to be part of a local congregation or a company of believers in order to pray together, worship together, serve together! SERVICE is another important discipline, because it demonstrates Christ’s love and keeps us humble. SUBMISSION and CONFESSION are also practices found in our community life. In the small circle of the home the FAMILY ALTAR is also a wonderful habit. Do you feel your heart yearning to get into a faith community again? Make a start then, go to church, join a small group, volunteer to serve. Then grow in your community involvement – it’s so satisfying!

Lord Jesus, help me to play a more meaningful role in your church. It will do me good! Amen.

Make space in your life for community life!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –