Forum 2.0

2118 Join his group!

And he said to them, "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." Immediately they left their nets and followed him. Mat 4:19-20 ESV

Christianity is not an I-thing, it’s primarily a we-thing. We do it in community! When Jesus called his disciples, he did call them as individuals, but he also called them to form a group of followers, a community. They would thereafter not only be sharing their lives with him, but also with each other. In exactly the same way we are also called into discipleship: firstly to follow him and secondly to join his other followers. So often – especially nowadays – we only want a relationship with God, not with his other followers as well! We find it difficult to get along with some of Jesus’ followers – some are downright unlikeable! Still, here is no other way. Jesus’ teachings about loving and forgiving, about caring and serving can only happen in relationships – often with disagreeable people! Do you want to follow Jesus? Then join his group! Otherwise you’re missing the whole point!

Lord Jesus, I want to become part of your followers.  Teach me how to be a true disciple: towards you and towards others. Amen.

Say YES to Jesus, and his followers!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –