Forum 2.0

2121 A place for sound doctrine

For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, 2 Tim 4:3 ESV

In the past people would draw away from church because they became lukewarm, spiritually. Those times have changed, though. Today, Christians often want to grow spiritually, but on their own, without the church. Some were hurt or disappointed by other Christians, while others feel that their church doesn’t fulfil their spiritual needs anymore. That is sad, because there are distinct reasons why Christians need the church! One is the fact that we easily stray away from sound teaching, because we lack the background and knowledge to discern what is right or wrong. Through the centuries the church established the fundamentals of the faith, for good reasons, and its pastors can explain and answer why we believe what we believe. Remember that almost anything can be “proven” by putting Bible verses together, which however doesn’t make it “biblical”! Unhealthy teachings often focus on benefiting ME – as Paul writes here – while sound doctrine often is about glorifying God. Don’t believe just anything – go and ask someone whom you trust, like your pastor!

Lord Jesus, make me wary of unhealthy teachings. Keep me on solid ground! Amen.

Keep to sound doctrine!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –