Forum 2.0

2122 A place for good leadership

And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ. Ephes 4:11-12 ESV

Many Christians have withdrawn from the church and are continuing with their spiritual lives on their own. They avail themselves of the many resources that are available in this regard: books, radio, television, the internet. Why still depend on the church? Well, we definitely still need the church, especially for the community that it affords. The church, as the fellowship of believers, teaches us a walk with God far better than any book or website can ever do! The reason is that the one is theory and the other is practice! A specific advantage of this community is its leadership. Good leaders teach us about God’s path, but more importantly, SHOW us how to walk it. Leaders demonstrate to us how to be Christian in different circumstances, with different people. From our leaders we practically learn how to believe, pray, love, forgive or serve. We need their example and their mentorship! To try to grow spiritually in the privacy of your lounge, without the real-life input of godly leaders and real community is almost impossible.

Lord Jesus, thank you for the good leaders and mentors in my life. Help me to follow their footsteps – to you! Amen.

Choose good leaders, follow their example!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –