Forum 2.0

2135 It’s not about me

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Rom 12:1 ESV

We live in a world in which man is at the centre. Everything revolves around MY rights, MY choices, MY demands and MY needs. It is even the case with the church: I want a church that ministers to MY needs and I want a God that blesses ME with finances, health and happiness. Countless sermons, books, television channels and internet sites are devoted to this topic: God’s purpose is to bless you – you only need to find the spiritual “techniques” to receive it! Unfortunately, messages like these put the emphasis on the wrong place: even though a life with God is a blessed life – very much so – I am NOT in the middle of it all. God is! My spiritual life is not even about me, it’s about HIM! Conversion means to turn AWAY from self-centredness, away from my own will and plans and to give HIM full reign in what HE wants to do. I have died, says the Bible, I do not live anymore – HE lives in me. My life is sacrificed to HIM, the Bible says here. Oh, what a blessed life to be rid of me, me, me!

Almighty God, forgive me that I make everything about myself. Help me to get over myself, to forget myself. I pray that YOU be my all, not me! Amen.

Forget about yourself – focus on him!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –