Forum 2.0

2136 Incense – a fragrant sacrifice

For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life. Who is sufficient for these things? 2 Cor 2:15-16 ESV

It should be very clear: following Jesus costs a price. It’s not a popular message, but it’s the truth. Jesus said half-hearted people, looking back all the time, are not fit to be his disciples. His disciples must be prepared to die to themselves, turn their backs on their old lives and commit one hundred percent to following him. THAT is the cost of discipleship. It will not be about you anymore, but about HIM! Decide then, friend, finally and fully, without reserve, to follow Jesus! Decide that you will pay the price of discipleship – as far as you can. Put your whole life on the altar: what you are and what you have! Will you? Please do not let this message dissuade you from being an earnest follower of Jesus. Do not fear of losing yourself in the process – in God’s will you can only find yourself! Do not have doubts about the sacrifices it will ask – you will receive so much more in return! The life that is lived for God is like incense: it burns out, but it’s a fragrant sacrifice, spreading the beauty and love and joy of God around. It is worth it in every respect!

Lord Jesus, I HAVE decided to follow you. I AM prepared to pay the price. Help me though, because I’m human. Amen.

Decide to give your whole life to God!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –