Forum 2.0

2137 A daily sacrifice of silence

Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Heb 10:22 ESV

The life of a Jesus-follower is a life of sacrifice. It may sound severe, but see it like this: did we or didn’t we surrender "everything", our “whole lives” to him? Did we mean it? Would it be too much then if he lays claim to some aspect of it? Everything – our time, money, energy, relationships – is his, already! No, making sacrifices here or there merely confirms that HE is the Master of my life. Take the daily sacrifice of a quiet time. If we never have “time” for that it says that we consider our time our own – but it's not. Give God his time, then! It’s true that the Bible doesn’t prescribe when and how a quiet time should be held. Do it the way you can, on the days you can, but do it! Just make the sacrifice. Start with ten or fifteen minutes – it will bless you the whole day through!

Heavenly Father – I DO have time for you, because all of my time belongs to you. Just help me to fit it in, practically speaking. Amen.

Make time for God, daily!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux |

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –