Forum 2.0

2139 The joy of giving

In the one case tithes are received by mortal men, but in the other case, by one of whom it is testified that he lives. Heb 7:8 ESV

We are discussing the fact that a life of faith entails sacrifices. It requires, for example, an investment of our time to grow as a Christian – how else? Giving of our finances is also part of the deal. The topic of tithing has to be dealt with from a New Testament perspective, for us as Christians. We don’t keep the Jewish law as Jews do, but we do recognize God’s will for us in it. We do, therefore, work with a tithe (ten percent) as a valid guideline. Please don’t see your giving back to God – whatever the amount – as a heavy burden. No, our hearts must be such that we gladly give to God! It’s not OUR money, after all, it’s HIS money of which we are the stewards. Just make the sacrifice! Giving to God will not make you poorer – it will only make you richer, in every respect! That’s his promise.

Faithful God, thank you for providing me with all that I need. Give me a heart that wants to give all that I can! Amen.

Learn the joy of giving!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –