Forum 2.0

2141 A sacrifice of sweat and effort

You yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Pet 2:5 ESV

As believers we offer “spiritual sacrifices” in God’s house, according to Peter. This can mean praying and otherwise taking part, but also devoting our time, money and effort to God. These are all sacrifices that please God! Take note, however, that we, “like living stones”, make up the temple of God, WE ARE the church! Therefore God’s church will always be our concern. We’ll always be involved, always support and help! To be there and be involved asks of us a sacrifice of time and money, of our privacy, of the putting aside of other plans – even our sweat and our effort. We do it for God, because we’re committed, we’re disciples, we’re irretrievably PART! What? Are you saying that you’re not always positive about the church, that there are just too many problems and deficiencies? You’re not wrong. Still, WE are the church – it is us! Therefore WE must be the change, the correction we want to see. Make the sacrifice, then – remember: God’s heart aches for his church as well!

Lord Jesus, thank you for your church. Your church is my church! Help me to make the sacrifice it needs. Amen.

Put in effort for God’s church!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –