Forum 2.0

2142 A sacrifice of gifts and strengths

Even if I am to be poured out as a drink offering upon the sacrificial offering of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all. Phil 2:17 ESV

Our faith-walk – in fact our whole life – is one holy and acceptable sacrifice to God. Yes, our lives burn like an incense offering to him, we are poured out like a drink offering, Paul says here. Accept radically, therefore, that your life does not belong to you anymore, that you have died in Him! You live for HIM now, not for your own purposes. Understand that you have a unique way of living for God: with your particular gifts, strengths and abilities. You’ve had certain training and experience, you have specific knowledge, you have your contacts. Think of it: you have a unique background and history – a special STORY, having gone through everything you did. AL THESE THINGS make you a particularly valuable instrument in God’s hand! Ask him now to show you what you can do for him and where to do it. How can you be of benefit to God’s kingdom? Yes, that’s how disciples live.

Master, when I gave my life to you, I meant it. My life is yours – what must I do with it? Amen.

Give the rest of your life to him!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux |

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –