Forum 2.0

2157 Words and reality

And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven… Mat 16:18-19a ESV

“Peter” – meaning rock – was a name Jesus gave to Simon. Simon embraced his new name and increasingly became a “real” Peter: strong, courageous, a true leader! Yes, in this way Jesus gave him a whole new identity. That is the power of our words! We use words to IDENTIFY and DEFINE our world. We SAY how it is and then it IS so, at least for us! God instructed Adam to define his reality (by naming it) and in that way to rule over his world. As he called the world, so it was! We must be very intentional, therefore, with this God-given function of words. Our words – by faith – must define our world as hopeful and beautiful, as precious. Our words towards others must also call THEIR worlds good, meaningful, worthwhile. Such words literally change people’s perspective, their reality! Let’s rule in our world – through our words.

Father, help me to speak with self-control, to build up with my words, to encourage and to bless. Let my words honour you! Amen.

Name your world in God’s terms!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –