Forum 2.0

2158 Words and the truth

Therefore, having put away falsehood, let each one of you speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another. Ephes 4:25 ESV

The way Christians speak is crucial. People should know from our words that we belong to Christ! Because of this it’s essential that our words can be depended upon to be TRUTHFUL. We should make a habit of conveying the facts as they are – without interpretation, embellishment or exaggeration that will skew them. Over time people will know that our accounts are trustworthy. It’s important to protect our reputation, our good name – because the Master’s Name is also at stake! People often ask this question: do I really ALWAYS have to tell the truth? Isn’t a lie sometimes preferable? In certain circumstances a lie is acceptable, yes – for example to save a life. At other times the whole truth needn’t always be known – we can refrain from divulging something that will hurt or cause harm. For the rest we stick to the TRUTH! Scripture defines our approach aptly: speak the truth in love!

Heavenly Father, give me a love for people and a love for the truth! Amen.

Let your words be true – or keep quiet!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –