Forum 2.0

2160 Words that speak faith

In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Ephes 6:16-17 ESV

It’s interesting that the “armour of God” in this chapter is mostly for defensive purposes. It helps us to “stand firm”, to “withstand” the onslaught. There is one weapon of attack, though: the “sword of the Spirit”, which is explained as the “word of God”. The specific term used for “word” in this verse is rhema, a term that frequently refers to the spoken word, to conversation or proclamation. We could deduce that the weapon of attack here is God’s Word as it is said, proclaimed, confessed, prayed, sung! THAT overcomes the enemy. Let’s, in any case, learn to speak words of belief – not of unbelief. Aren’t we "believers"? Of course we also get discouraged and sometimes speak unbelievingly, but if that happens we must remember who our God is. We must draw the line beneath any unbelief and say out, loud and clear, that God IS present, that he IS good, that he WILL save us, that the enemy WILL be defeated! Yes, we triumph over the enemy’s onslaught with the truth of God’s Word. To repeat the enemy’s lies, though, is to be defeated indeed!

Father, help me to align my words with your Word. Let me speak words of faith and power and victory! Amen.

Live in victory by speaking God's truth!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –