Forum 2.0

2164 First, testify by showing

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." Joh 13:34-35 ESV

When we consider being witnesses, we usually think of speaking about Jesus to others – telling them our “testimony”. That is true, but witnessing actually entails much more than our words. In fact, witnessing does not start with our words, but with our deeds. Being a witness of Jesus firstly requires us to live the life that Jesus taught! Our words will then confirm (or contradict) our conduct. You cannot convince others about following Jesus if your life does not show them the benefit! Many people are critical about Christians whose life and words do not match up. Your “testimony” can become a hindrance! This does not mean that you have to be perfect – no one is. It does mean, though, that you have to be sincere, loving, just, honest, hard-working and so on – that you bear the fruit! Such a life already is a wonderful testimony of what following Jesus does! No, you don’t have to TELL others about being a Christian all the time. They will know it, because they’ll see it! THEY will tell whether you’re a Christian or not!

Lord, I pray that my life will be a clear and consistent example of what it means to follow you. I pray that everyone will see YOU in my life! Amen.

Firstly, testify by showing Jesus!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –