Forum 2.0

2165 Then, testify by speaking

Always be ready to give an answer when someone asks you about your hope. Give a kind and respectful answer and keep your conscience clear. This way you will make people ashamed for saying bad things about your good conduct as a follower of Christ. 1 Pet 3:15b-16 ESV

Our lives should be a clear testimony to the God we serve. All should see HIM in us – his love, grace, his righteousness. Even when we fail, as we’ll do, we can fail like Christians – and remain witnesses! We can, for example, offer a true apology and go to lengths to put things right – in a way that honours God. People will see that we live differently and will, at some stage, refer to it. Then – if it’s appropriate – we must be ready and able to give an answer, according to Peter here. In that way our life’s testimony become our words’ testimony. The content of our answer is mostly our personal experience of walking with God, we said. The manner of our answer is also important. Peter says it must be kind and respectful. Our approach is not argumentative, patronizing or all-knowing. Oh no, it’s sincere and polite, honest, friendly. Our goal is not to persuade, but to show, to invite. We do it by just telling the true – and gripping – story of one man’s experience of God!

Lord, give me the opportunity to tell my story and the discernment to do it wisely. Amen.

Be prepared to tell your story!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –