Forum 2.0

2180 Called to self-sufficiency

And the child grew and became strong, filled with wisdom. And the favor of God was upon him. Luk 2:40 ESV

Sometimes people ask: What is the purpose of my life? What am I called for? What does God want me to do? It’s wonderful to think along these lines, otherwise we would just carry on with the rut we’re in – as if the purpose of our lives would be to get up early, struggle through the traffic and complete uninspiring tasks until late. These things might be our responsibility, but they’re definitely not our calling! Our life’s purpose is so much more! Addressing the topic of our calling, we need to start right at the beginning. God created you as a HUMAN, with a BODY and put you on EARTH. Your first calling is clearly, then, your physical life: you growth, your health, your independence as you work to sustain yourself and your family and meet your responsibilities towards the world. If you do not fulfil this basic calling every person has – as far as possible – you cannot commit to the rest. Look after your body, be mature and self-sufficient and find your place in the world. THEN God can use you!

Heavenly Creator, thank you for making me as I am. Help me to make a success of my physical and earthly life. Amen.

Take responsibility for the basics of life!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –