Forum 2.0

2181 Called to maturity

Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thess 5:23 ESV

What’s my life’s calling? What does God require of me? It’s important to ask questions like these, so that we don’t live unexamined or meaningless lives. If we understand our calling we can grow intentionally into God’s purposes for us. That’s very meaningful! First and foremost we’re called to succeed PHYSICALLY in life: to grow up, become independent, earn our own keep – to find our place in the world. Together with that we’re also called to grow up PSYCHOLOGICALLY. We need to take responsibility, have a realistic perspective, learn to delay our need fulfilment, get over ourselves, have empathy, manage our emotions. All these things are aspects of psychological maturity! It’s important for us as disciples because God cannot use immature or self-absorbed people. How can we become more mature? Well, life tends to make us more mature, but we can also intentionally work at reacting in more grown-up ways. Then we can surround ourselves with mature people – it rubs off! Ultimately we can grow spiritually – that’s a quick way to maturity!

Father, make me more mature. Help me to overcome myself, to become a useful instrument in your hands! Amen.

Take responsibility for your maturity!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –