Forum 2.0

2185 Become who you are

Listen to me, O coastlands, and give attention, you peoples from afar. The LORD called me from the womb, from the body of my mother he named my name. Isa 49:1 ESV

People may wonder about their life’s purpose, their unique calling. Yes, what does God want of you? Well, God wants you to become who he made you to be – to become your “true self”! You’ve been made in a specific way. You firstly bear the image of God. As such you’re inherently free, loved, loving, full of grace and mercy! You also have distinctive personal traits: a certain background and value system, a unique temperament and strengths. Unfortunately, though, sin distorted the image of God in us. Now we’re less than who we are! Sin makes us to develop a “false self”: someone whom we we’re not supposed to be. To convert is to re-embrace who we are in God, to return to our true self. Spiritual growth has exactly the same goal. Ultimately you are called to become who you really are! Yes, God is calling you to become more YOU! Stop being someone else!

Heavenly Father, thank you for making me me! Make me more of what you dreamed me to be, in Jesus Name! Amen.

Take responsibility for your true self!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –