Forum 2.0

2188 Called to something great

And as he passed by, he saw Levi the son of Alphaeus sitting at the tax booth, and he said to him, "Follow me." And he rose and followed him. Mar 2:14 ESV

We talked about God’s calling on us and focused especially on the general calling that all men have. God can also, however, call you for something personal, something very specific. It can come very suddenly, as for Levi in this verse. Levi (also known as Matthew) was tending his toll booth when Jesus suddenly appeared and said: “follow me!” Jesus didn’t just mean that Levi should believe in him rationally, but that he should physically follow: get up and leave his successful business behind! It took Levi only a few seconds to consider his options and then he stood up, left everything behind and stepped into a whole new life! For three years he got to know Jesus personally, experienced amazing things and afterwards dedicated his life to preach the gospel of Jesus as his apostle. What a life! Don’t think that God doesn’t have a special calling for you. He does! In fact, God is calling you for something GREAT! It will overlap with your gifts, but also challenge you for the rest of your life! You must just discern from God what it is.

Lord Jesus, what are you calling me for? Is their something specific that I must do for you? Reveal it to me through your Holy Spirit! Amen.

Hear God’s call on your life!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –