Forum 2.0

2203 We can reduce

The heavens are the LORD's heavens, but the earth he has given to the children of man. The dead do not praise the LORD, nor do any who go down into silence. But we will bless the LORD from this time forth and forevermore. Praise the LORD! Psalm 115:16-18 ESV

The conservation of earth and of nature is a spiritual matter, because behind the destruction and misuse we see today lies the old enemy – sin. What can we do about it? Well, we can change hearts by leading people to Christ, but then again many Christians need a change of heart about this! In the meanwhile there are certain practical things that everyone can do. The first would be to downscale our consumption. We inevitably need to use less electricity, water and fuel. Current resources are limited and many more millions of people are waiting in the wings to join the modern economy. We have to change our perceptions on what we really need: we can for example do without plastic shopping bags, lying around everywhere, we can do without green gardens in a dry country, super bleached typing paper or bottled water that takes more water to produce than what it can hold. We need to return to a much simpler and more sustainable lifestyle. Our way of living must not be directed by the world, but by the Holy Spirit.

Heavenly Father, lead me, by your Spirit, into a lifestyle that will honour you. I don’t live for the world, I live for you! Amen.

Reduce – live with less!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –