Forum 2.0

2204 We can reuse

You have given him dominion over the works of your hands; you have put all things under his feet, all sheep and oxen, and also the beasts of the field, the birds of the heavens, and the fish of the sea, whatever passes along the paths of the seas. Psalm 8:6-8 ESV

The wellbeing of the earth is a spiritual matter for us, as Christians. Destruction is always wrong! There are, however, practical things that we can do to better the situation. One is to simply REDUCE our consumption of the things that cause pollution and damage. Another one is to REUSE. Mountains of garbage are dumped daily somewhere on land or in the sea, which often include poisonous materials. Especially plastic is a problem, because it does not bio-degrade organically. It photo-degrades, gets broken up by the sun into smaller bits of the same plastic, which are harmful to plants and animals. Let’s throw away less! We need to reuse bags, containers and bottles as much as possible. We must learn to share and to give away, so that others can use the same product again. We must aim to buy reusable and refillable products – with the minimum of packaging, as in the old days – not “instant” or throw-away stuff. Small choices in this regard will make a difference and help us to grow into a lifestyle that is more benefitting to earth and honouring to God!

Lord, help me to choose a lifestyle that is not driven by the consumer culture of today, but by the guidance of the Holy Spirit in my heart. Amen.

Consider yourself free from things!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –