Forum 2.0

2210 God gives me his identity

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations. Jer 1:5 ESV

Our identity is important, because it shapes our decisions and behaviour. People’s behaviour tell us who they are! We got our identity mainly in the interaction with our parents. They gave us our name and in relationship with them we learned our value and our values – what is important in life and what not. Parents make mistakes, though, and then we bear the consequences! Many people, therefore, do not have a strong sense of identity or self-worth or values, but feel uncertain of who and what they should be. As Christians, however, we also have to take our identity from God. He made us – like fathers do – and gave us HIS name. He considers us tremendously valuable, which he proved on the cross of Christ. He teaches us the right values, kingdom values, so that we can live our lives purposefully, sensitively and meaningfully. Yes, Father wants you to find your identity in HIM!

Heavenly Father, I am as you say I am, because you made me! Help me, though, to become even more so. Amen.

Find your identity in Him!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –