Forum 2.0

2219 Accept others as well

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7 ESV

God’s pure love – agape-love – is unconditional. God does not love us because we’re so lovable, but because he is so loving! Now God wants us to love others unconditionally as well. That means we should love all people equally: the good and the bad, the agreeable and the insufferable, the important and the rejected. All of them! Agape-love does not set conditions. Yes, even bad people must be met with respect. People do not have to reciprocate in any way or first be on a certain standard to be “worthy” of our love. Remember, WE weren’t worthy of God’s love, WE were the bad people – WE were completely unlikeable in our arrogance and egotism. Yet God loved us! Some people’s basic approach toward others is distance or suspicion – even criticism or disrespect. That needn’t be the case. Let everyone you meet feel God’s love! Yes, it’s difficult for us, but not for the Holy Spirit in us!

Father, fear, uncertainty or anger causes me to withhold love from others. Change my heart – let me truly love! Amen.

Approach all people with love!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –