Forum 2.0

2224 Grow out of your sin

As it is, I rejoice, not because you were grieved, but because you were grieved into repenting. For you felt a godly grief, so that you suffered no loss through us. 2 Cor 7:9 ESV

Paul says here one type of grief over sin leads to repentance, but another kind leads to death. We can understand it this way: if guilt and conviction of sin lead to our repentance, change and growth, then its purpose has been fulfilled. Then it was productive grief. Unproductive and merely neurotic feelings of guilt, however, lead us nowhere and are actually harmful. Is the Holy Spirit pointing out wrong things in your life? Then deal with them positively and constructively! The following will help you:

• Understand firstly why you do what you do. What function does it fulfil?
  • Understand the context in which wrongdoings take place. What circumstances give rise to it?
  • Understand clearly what you need to do differently: step by step.
  • Ask, then, the help of the Holy Spirit and start to become obedient. If you fail, just push through until you experience victory!

In Jesus’ Name grow out of the things that do not honour him!

Holy Spirit help me to grow away from what is wrong, grow toward what is right and grow toward you! Amen.

Work constructively with your sin!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –