Forum 2.0

2227 Work within your temperament

He appointed the twelve: Simon (to whom he gave the name Peter); James the son of Zebedee and John the brother of James (to whom he gave the name Boanerges, that is, Sons of Thunder)… Mar 3:16-17 ESV

If you want to live more purposefully, it’s valuable to know your own temperament. People differ so much! Some are extroverted and others introverted, some are emotional while others much more reserved. You get the people-people and the task-oriented people, those who happily await what the day brings and the planners, with their diaries and checklists. Then you get the detail people, the big picture people, the artists, the thinkers, the feelers, the team players and the leaders. Which of these are you? It’s important to know yourself and be yourself, without reserve! Still, every temperament also has its own growth areas: introverts must learn to be more sociable, for example, while extraverts must learn to listen more. Everyone must learn how to plan, to reach their goals and to arrive on time! Be sensitive for the imbalances in your life, especially those that impact negatively on your relationships or work. Those who know you well will tell you what your growth areas are – if you’re up to it!

Holy Spirit, help me to understand myself more. Help me to work meaningfully with my strong and my weak points! Amen.

Find the balance in your temperament!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –