Forum 2.0

2230 Rebalance your life

…a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up. Eccl 3:2-3 ESV

Sometimes we really need to find a new balance. For many people their work has taken over so much that they have no time for anything else. For others their interests have become too important: all free time goes to one sport or hobby. For others their social life has become everything – almost every day they’re going out or having people over. Other people, on the other hand, are turned so much into themselves that they really need to get out a bit! Yes, our life’s wheel can easily get out of kilter. We only become aware of it after a while – a vague feeling that our lives are one-sided, that something is amiss. How do you rebalance your life? Start off by getting the center of gravity in the middle once again. For us that is God! Take resources away from one side and put it on the other side. Perhaps less attention to work and more on your family? Less money on hobbies and more on your health? Less time for going out and more for spiritual things? Everyone’s life wheel looks different. Ask God to help you and get your equilibrium back!

Heavenly Father, do I live a life that honours you? What should I do more of and what less? Lead me through your Holy Spirit! Amen.

Be serious about your life balance.

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –