Forum 2.0

2239 The Spirit lives in my heart

…even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you. Joh 14:17 ESV

Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit, but not just the body, also the soul and the spirit. Right there in my spirit (my “heart” or deepest being), where God alone knows me, HIS Spirit takes up residence. How it works we don’t know, but according to the Bible something spiritual happens when we belong to God. Spirit-communion takes place, as it where, between God and me. This is something that unbelievers do not have! It’s important to know that faith and Christianity is more than the rational acceptance of certain beliefs. No, it doesn’t just function on the soul level (reason, emotion and will), but deeper, on the spirit level. From the very center God wants to take control, through his Spirit! There, in our innermost being, he wants to work his change: to form in us a “new heart and a new spirit”, according to the Bible. That is what it means to give your “heart” to God.

Heavenly God, I give you my heart. Move in through your Spirit and take control. Change my life! Amen.

Give your whole heart to God!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –