Forum 2.0

2240 The Spirit’s voice in my heart

And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual. 1 Cor 2:13 ESV

According to Paul the life of faith is more than human wisdom. It’s actually not a human work at all but God’s work in us through his Holy Spirit! The Spirit lives and works in our heart - our spirit – and from there we can experience his voice and guidance. It’s part of our spiritual growth to learn to listen inwardly and discern his voice! The best point of departure with this is to find God’s guidance from his Word. When we read the Bible with the question, “Lord, what do you want to say to me today”, the Holy Spirit will often highlight something for us. We can also learn to discern his guidance in other ways, for example in our heart or from our circumstances. Let’s be very mature and patient with God’s guidance, because we can so easily make mistakes. Discuss what you experience with a trustworthy fellow Christian or a mentor. Remember, the Word, the Spirit and the Christian community always work together.

Holy Spirit, speak in my heart. Reveal the Father’s will to me. Help me to hear your voice correctly. Amen.

Hear the Holy Spirit in your heart! 

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –