Forum 2.0

2250 God’s image in me

Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is. 1 Joh 3:2 ESV

Even though we develop a “false self” – to help us live our lives in a sinful world – the “true self” is still hidden in us. We still know, deep in our heart, where we come from and who we’re supposed to be. We still recognize the image of God in us and we still long to be like that! How does the image of God look? The image of God looks like God! God, for example, is good, loving and accepting. God is fair and just, mature, wise. God is inherently free, open and at peace. God always reaches out! These characteristics of God is also who we essentially are. They form our true self. Take note: if we find our true self, we’ll find God there – who made us that way. Similarly, if we find God, we’ll find our true self, because it is his image! Let’s become who God made us to be – nothing less!

Thank you, Father, that I still carry your image. Help me, through your Holy Spirit, to grow more and more into who I really am! Amen.

Measure yourself to God’s image!

These devotions are part of a series on discipleship. Follow the whole series!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –