Forum 2.0

2282 Jesus and the enemy

While he was coming, the demon threw him to the ground and convulsed him. But Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit and healed the boy, and gave him back to his father. Luk 9:42 ESV

Jesus confronted the evil one wherever he met him. He fearlessly and directly challenged any evil spirit, commanding them to stop their work and leave the person or situation immediately. They had no other choice than to obey! He taught his disciples do the same. Then we read that his death on the cross broke the devil’s power over us. Because of that we’ve been forgiven – fully and finally – and the enemy’s hold over us, because of our sin, was cancelled out. Ultimately, by his resurrection the power of death itself was broken and the gates of Hades thrown open. That is how Jesus overcame the enemy. Now he gave us authority to similarly act against the enemy. Make use of it: bind the evil one wherever you perceive his works. Do it boldly! He must obey – not because of your sinlessness, but because of your authority in Christ.

Lord Jesus, thank you for giving me power and authority over the evil one and all his works. Help me to use it powerfully and effectively. Amen.

Stand in the victory of Jesus!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –