Forum 2.0

2284 Soothsayers and fortune-tellers

There shall not be found among you anyone... who practices divination or tells fortunes or interprets omens, or a sorcerer or a charmer or a medium or a necromancer or one who inquires of the dead, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD. Deut 18:10b-12a ESV

The terrain of the evil one – what we call the “occult” – is forbidden for us as Christians. This verse spells out what it entails, and we learn that the occult comes in three forms:

• divination – all attempts to tell the future or obtain secret information
  • sorcery – all attempts to change an outcome by way of magic or charms
  • mediumism – all attempts to contact the dead or evil spirits

We will return to these, but as for divination, the following: the popular belief in astrology or folk practices like reading teacups or palms are wrong for Christians. Why would we go the enemy to find out more about the future? Worse still is Tarot cards, crystal ball fortune telling and other types of divination. Even water witching (dowsing) and certain “alternative” practices for diagnosing should be frowned upon. Don’t play with these things! No, find your truth in the Father, trust God for your future!

Loving Father, my future is in your hands. I place my trust in you alone. Keep me from everything that is wrong. Amen.

Avoid all divination!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –