Forum 2.0

2285 Sorcery and magic

Also many of those who were now believers came, confessing and divulging their practices. And a number of those who had practiced magic arts brought their books together and burned them in the sight of all. Acts 19:18-19a ESV

According to Deut 18:10-12 the terrain of the evil one – the so-called occult – consists of all divination and fortune telling, all mediumism and spiritism and all sorcery. Sorcery or magic is the attempts by a traditional healer (shaman), witch or paganist to manipulate nature – to force a certain outcome, good or bad. It usually entails casting spells, drinking concoctions, wearing items on the body for protection or burying things in the yard. Sorcery can coincide with hauntings or supernatural happenings in the house. As Christians we radically avoid these things, without exception! Don’t say that you don’t believe in them, therefore it won’t affect you. Also, don’t distinguish between so called white or black magic – it remains witchery, sorcery. It remains wrong. If you have been involved with these things, do as the first Christians did: confess them as a sin, renounce the evil one and burn your occult stuff. Know that the Lord Jesus Christ can free you from all evil bondages!

Heavenly Father, keep me from everything that is wrong. Break any hold over my life and help me to live in the light only – never in the darkness. Amen.

Avoid all magic!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –