Forum 2.0

2302 God is like a Father

Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'" Joh 20:17 ESV

We can only speak of God in metaphors and images. There is no other way, because God is greater than our minds can ever understand! Symbols help us to understand something about God, for example: God is like a King, a Judge, a Commander of Armies, a Rock. All these images reveal to us something about God. The best metaphor for God, though, and the one Jesus liked most, is that God is like a FATHER. It’s more than a metaphor or mere symbol, actually, because God IS a Father to us, in every way! What does a father do? Well, a father first produces his children. A father then protects his children, takes care of them and nurtures them. He leads them to maturity and helps them find their goal in life. Even then a father remains ready to support and help them. God is exactly like that! God does all of these things for us, but only better, because God is the Perfect Father.

Thank you, Lord, that you’re such a wonderful Father. You take care of me and lead me. You protect me. With you, I am one hundred percent safe! Amen

Understand God as a Father!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –