Forum 2.0

2308 Valued and valuable

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. Mat 10:29-31 ESV

Man is the image-bearer of God and his crowning achievement. Man has high value! The fact that God considers man highly is especially visible in the fact that he became a man himself – in Christ Jesus. Jesus liked to call himself the “Son of Man”, by which he refers to himself as an ordinary man, a true or typical man. Yes, Jesus is God who became man, but what’s more, Jesus took his humanness with him to heaven: there, at the right hand of the Father, this “Man” lives forever! He even has the cross’ markings still visible on his hands and feet. Yes, God has an intense interest in this man that he made. In these verses Jesus highlights man’s value as well. His lesson is that we mustn’t fear: God will care for us. Just believe it, man!

Thank you, Father, that I’m worth more than all the birds of heaven, than all the lilies of the fields. Help me to relax in the knowledge that you’ll always care for me. Amen.

Trust God fully!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –