Forum 2.0

2310 Everyone is broken

For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. Rom 7:18 ESV

A sad characteristic of man is his sinfulness. According to the Bible, sin started with Adam and Eve. We must remember, though, that they’re also prototypes and symbols: they stand for all of us. Every man acts in the way they did. Every man has the tendency to not obey God, to follow his own way. This tendency – to substitute God’s will for our own – is our SIN. As we said, sin comes with immediate consequences, namely its curse and its shadow and its effects. With sin comes all the heartache and misery we know, all the pain and suffering, even death itself. Because of sin we live as broken people in a broken world. Everyone has a dark side, everyone is hiding something, everyone has emotional baggage. Every person suffers under sin – his own sin, others’ sin, structural sin or the sin in creation. Sin does so much damage! Does sin make you sad? It makes God sad – and angry!

Heavenly Father, my sin and brokenness make me sad. It saddens you as well, for which I am so sorry. Forgiver me my sins and help me to grow away from anything that stands between you and I. Amen.

See the brokenness in the world!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –