Forum 2.0

2311 Lost, astray

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned--every one--to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. Isa 53:6 ESV

Everyone sins, Scripture says. It’s a mere fact. The one who thinks that he does not sin, does not understand what sin is. On the contrary, he must be more aware of is egoism and pride! The Bible’s striking metaphor here is that man is “lost” – he has lost the way, he’s straying, wandering around without knowing where he is. We see it all around us: people are looking for fulfilment in various places: money, pleasure, honour, power. In their search others may be disregarded, hurt or left behind, but when they find what they wanted, it does not satisfy. Then they must search further – for what, they don’t know. People are lost! Do not take too much notice of the world’s answers or goals, because all are equally lost, merely chasing after the newest fad. Solutions that exclude God are no solutions at all. According to the Bible we remain lost until we find God, or God us – which is the same thing. THAT is the solution!

Heavenly Father, I was lost, but you found me! I praise you, today! Amen.

Find God, be found by God!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –