Forum 2.0

2324 Lost and found

"What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it? Luk 15:4 ESV

By nature man tends to sin and then he sins. Remember, the root of sin is independence from God. We choose to exclude him and do our own thing. In this way, sin creates distance between God and us. According to the Bible, though, without God man is “lost”. It’s like a dog that has taken to the street and is running along, but in the wrong direction. He has no idea of where he is. Or it’s like a swimmer struggling in the deep water. He sees the shore shrinking away, but has no strength left in him. The important point here is that a lost person cannot save himself – he is powerless in his condition. Someone must come and save him or he will perish. Similarly, man cannot save himself from sin and death. He must be saved by someone else – and Someone did! His Name is Jesus.

Thank you, Lord, for coming after me and saving me. I was lost, but you found me! Amen.

Trust in the Saviour!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –