Forum 2.0

2331 The cross as victory

Even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many. Mat 20:28 ESV

We’re still looking at the meaning of the cross. In the early church much emphasis was put on the fact that the cross was a victory over the evil one. They believed sin gave the enemy a right, a hold over sinners, because sin is playing into his hand – it’s willingness for his purpose. The enemy will make use of the opportunity! On the cross, however, Christ atoned for the sins of believers, repaid their debt in full and reconciled them with God. By that, any rights the evil one had over them were cancelled. Jesus’ death acted as a “ransom” for many, he said himself. For those ransomed in this way this means nothing less than life out of death! Remember always: on the cross the evil one was defeated. On the cross his claim on you has been released. The cross is the reason for your salvation. Thank God for the cross!

Thank you, Lord Jesus, for the victory of the cross. Thank you that you’ve set me free from the enemy. I am yours now!

Live in the victory of Christ!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –