Forum 2.0

2332 The cross and reconciliation

All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation. 2 Cor 5:18 ESV

Christ saved us from the punishment of sin by bearing it himself. He took God’s wrath on him, so that God’s love can come on us. God’s “wrath” is his anger for all that is wrong in the world, because he ordered it to be right, just and good! Anyway, through the cross we were reconciled to God and must now, according to our verse, hand it on to others. We have been given the “ministry of reconciliation”. Take note that reconciliation comes in two dimensions, which we can see as the dimensions of the cross: to be reconciled to God (the vertical dimension) and to be reconciled to others (the horizontal dimension). So, we point others to the cross, where their relationship with God will be restored by FAITH and also, just as importantly, their relationship to each other, in LOVE. Again: as Christians we ALWAYS call for reconciliation, for peace, for love. This is ALWAYS our approach, whatever the circumstances.

Lord Jesus, thank you for reconciling me to God. Now, make me a peacemaker. Let me be the one who shows God’s love, even when it’s difficult. Amen.

Be a peacemaker, a reconciler!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –