Forum 2.0

2333 Faith is simple

Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it." Mar 10:15 ESV

Faith is a big topic in the Bible – big and rather complex! It can be many things: faith is knowledge, a feeling, a decision, a response. Faith is also our behaviour, our lifestyle. In the Bible there are different sorts of faith, for example faith that saves us and faith when we pray. Faith is a mystery, because it’s something that WE must present but it’s also something that GOD must give. We say that faith saves us, but what we mean is that God saves us – through faith. And why would God choose our faith to save us by? Let’s draw a line, though, underneath all such questions. Faith is also very simple. Here, Jesus took a child and said our faith must be like hers: she has true faith! When a father tells his child he has a big present for her, she accepts it without a doubt. The expectation of that fills her whole being! No, a child wouldn’t reason much about such a promise – she would simply respond from the heart. THAT is the essence of faith.

Lord Jesus, I do not understand all of God’s things, but I do trust you. I believe what you say, and I take with you offer! Amen.

Keep faith simple!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –