Forum 2.0

2336 Faith trusts completely

All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out. John 6:37 ESV

We often think that faith is something WE need to do, WE need to work up, to exert – by sheer will. Yes, we make of faith a work, a duty. However, faith is more the opposite of work. It’s trusting upon God’ work. Yes, in that sense it’s the end of our work, it’s surrender, release. Think of a man who wants to sit on a chair. To just really believe that the chair will carry his weight, would be a purely theoretical belief. Practical and true faith (in the chair) would mean to go and sit on it. Only by fully committing his weight to the chair he would demonstrate his trust in it. Similarly, faith in God is the abandonment of my own control. It’s the total surrender to his will. It’s to trust God with your whole life – whatever happens. Remind yourself of the following: You CAN trust God with your whole life!

Heavenly Father, I trust you, because you are trustworthy. Do what you will – you know best! Amen.

Trust God fully!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2018 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux30 to add comments!

Join jimileroux30

Email me when people reply –