Forum 2.0

2345 Go and make it right

So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. Mat 5:23-24 ESV

Jesus makes the surprising statement that we must first reconcile with a brother BEFORE we come to God to worship. Let’s say both are equally important. Similarly, Jesus equates forgive us our trespasses (in the “Our Father”) with AS we forgive those who trespass against us. In this way the Lord is teaching us to pray for our relationship with God AND with others. Clearly, the issue of reconciliation is an important one for Jesus. When we have done wrong, we therefore MUST make it right. We MUST learn to apologize. Phone someone – or if it’s more important, make an appointment – and say you’re sorry. Say that you have been wrong – without going into a lot of excuses. Just apologize from the heart and ask forgiveness. This is what Jesus expressly commands. It will rebuild some trust and might save your relationship. Is it difficult to admit you’ve been wrong – to ask forgiveness? Very much so! Still, your relationship is worth it and it’s good for your spiritual growth!

Lord Jesus, help me to stay in the right relationship with others, because of my relationship with you! Amen.

Learn to apologize!

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.

Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.

© 2019 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

Have a look at our new (Afrikaans) course:

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –