Forum 2.0

2433 Questions, Questions, Questions

For You are the God in whom I take refuge; why have You rejected me? Why do I go about mourning because of the oppression of the enemy? Psalm 43:2 ESV

Psalms 42 and 43 actually comprise one Psalm. In it the poet describes the pain of his rejection. His enemies forced him out of Jerusalem; then he was longing to return to worship God in His temple again. He felt disregarded and struggled with many questions: Where is Elohe Mauzi, the ‘God of my refuge’? Why did He reject me? Why are my enemies victorious? Why am I being oppressed?

We often struggle with the same questions: “Where are You Lord if You’re my refuge? Why have things turned out this way for me? Why is life so unfair?” Unfortunately, the Bible doesn’t give easy answers to such questions. When we try to answer them ourselves, we easily stray into error or presumptuousness. The Bible does confirm, though, that God is God. He does what He decides to do. He can be trusted in His decisions. God doesn’t ask us to understand, explain or predict Him, only to trust Him. Remember, even in our incomprehension He remains our refuge!

God-of-my-refuge, thank you for always being with me – in the good times and the bad. Thank you for remaining a wonderful refuge whether I understand You or not. Help me to trust You completely. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.
Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.
© 2019 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –