Forum 2.0

2434 Praise Him, the God of My Praise

To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. Be not silent, O God of my praise! For wicked and deceitful mouths are opened against me, speaking against me with lying tongues. Psalm 109:1-2 ESV

David’s enemies had him cursed with a whole series of disturbing curses. He pleaded with God to turn their curses around and, instead, listen to his prayers and his praise. He called the Lord Elohe Tehilati, “God of my praise”. After pouring out to the Lord the particulars of what they wished on him, he reconfirmed his trust in God and praised Him: “With my mouth I will give great thanks to the LORD; I will praise Him in the midst of the throng.”

You and I must also learn to praise God in all circumstances. If the day didn’t go well, praise the Lord. If you were disadvantaged or offended, praise the Lord. If you feel angry or upset or at the point of crying or screaming – praise the Lord! Praise aligns us with God again, it brings us back to a position of faith. It’s true that we must be emotionally honest but it’s also true that we must be believing – we’re believers, after all! Confess your faith by praising God, for He is in control.

Elohe Tehilati, I praise You! You are great and good and gracious. You are in complete control of my life. You are trustworthy and true. May my words and my deeds be acceptable to You! In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.
Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.
© 2019 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –