Forum 2.0

2441 The Most Mysterious Name

God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Say this to the people of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'" Ex. 3:14 ESV

At last – God’s personal name! Remember, the names we studied up till now were essentially words that meant “God” or “Lord”. God has a proper name as well, but it’s one that’s mysterious, difficult to understand. God revealed His name personally to Moses at the burning bush. What was said exactly, however, is unknown because only its consonants were handed down: “YHWH”. The Hebrew language only later added vowels to their writing, but by that time the Jews didn’t know anymore what the correct pronunciation of the Name was! We believe it must have been Yahweh, but other possibilities exist as well. Even the meaning remains an enigma.

What do we learn from all this mystery surrounding God’s personal name? Well, it reminds us that God is always bigger, deeper, higher, always more than we could ever think. Our understanding can never fathom Him, and our words can never describe Him. Be glad, though, that this enigmatic God is your God!

Mysterious God, I’m grateful that my limited understanding cannot comprehend You. Thank you for being vastly greater, exceedingly higher than any human mind can grasp. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.
Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.
© 2019 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –