Forum 2.0

2448 The Mighty Hero

Who is this King of glory? The LORD, strong and mighty, the LORD, mighty in battle! Lift up your heads, O gates! And lift them up, O ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, He is the King of glory! Psalm 24:8-10 ESV

In this psalm David is writing figuratively about God’s entrance into Jerusalem. He describes it as a grand procession entering the temple on Mount Zion. He calls God Yahweh Sabaoth, the “Lord of Hosts”, a mighty hero, the commander of a fearsome force. As the Lord - the “King of Glory” - comes into the city, the city’s gates start rejoicing, poetically speaking.

According to the Bible a spiritual battle is raging. There is an onslaught on our thinking, our faith, our lives. Sometimes we experience it severely; other times it’s more on the periphery. It’s wise, though, to know how to use our spiritual weapons: the Word, the truth, our faith, our righteousness in Christ, etc. Always remember that the enemy has been defeated, that the battle is almost done, that we’re only mopping up the last resistance. Therefore, do not let the struggle get you down. On the contrary, start exulting in the victory of our Commander. Start celebrating! Rejoice! It will help you to establish victory in your own heart as well.

Thank you, Lord, that the struggles I’m having are temporary. Thank you that Your victory is assured. Help me today to stand strong and resist the enemy. Help me also to already experience victory in my own heart, to already rejoice in it! In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.
Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.
© 2019 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –