Forum 2.0

2449 Not Good Enough

“Hear, and testify against the house of Jacob," declares the Lord GOD, the God of hosts... Amos 3:13 ESV

Amos vehemently prophesied against the Israelites and their many sins. He didn’t hold back! He especially had it against the corruption of the rich and their mistreatment of the poor. He said in such circumstances their religion had become meaningless. Their festivals and singing only served to aggravate God. He warned them that the expected “Day of the Lord” will be a dark one! In dramatic fashion he then concluded his proclamation in the name of the “Lord LORD, the God of Hosts” – Adonai Yahweh Elohim Sabaoth!

These days we do not talk much about sin anymore. We rather emphasize grace, forgiveness or the fact that we’ve been adopted as God’s children. Although all these things are true, sin remains a serious matter. Sin creates distance between God and us. It frustrates His plan for our lives. It keeps us back. Therefore, do not ignore sin in your life. Keep it on the agenda between you and God. Purposefully grow away from everything that is not right, that is not good enough. Rely on the strength of the Spirit, and He will help you.

Lord God, You’re ready to forgive my sins but also want me to overcome them. You accept me as I am but also desire so much more for me. Help me to live in Your will for me! In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.
Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.
© 2019 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –