Forum 2.0

2450 On the Battleground

When Joshua was by Jericho, he lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, a Man was standing before him with his drawn sword in His hand. And Joshua went to Him and said to Him, "Are You for us, or for our adversaries?" And He said, "No; but I am the Commander of the army of the LORD. Now I have come." Jos. 5:13-14a ESV

Before their attack on Jericho, Joshua, Israel’s leader and commander, went there alone. He probably wanted to explore the battlefield and decide on their strategy. Little did he know that the Lord Himself would join them in the fight! On the battlefield he was engaged by One who called Himself Sar Ha’Tsava, the “Commander of the hosts”. Who is this Sar Ha’Tsava? It’s none other than the “Angel of the Lord” – in other words the Lord Himself in visible manifestation! It’s Yahweh Sabaoth, the “Lord of Hosts”. Immediately Joshua took off his shoes, as he was told to do, because he stood on holy ground. Perhaps it was then that the Lord explained the battle plan to him. Joshua’s forces would merely exalt the Lord’s Name and His forces would defeat the city!

Jericho is a typical example of a spiritual battle. Do you need to defeat a stronghold in your life? First explore the terrain. Understand well what is involved. Then go to the Lord to get His plan. Engage the enemy with confidence, with courage! Rejoice over the victory, even beforehand – soon the walls will fall!

Heavenly Commander, thank you that You are with me on the battlefield. Thank you that Your victory is my victory. Show me what my share in this battle must be and make me faithful to do exactly that. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

Readers’ replies are welcome. Please forward this message, but do not spam others.
Subscription to this daily mail is free at our website. Visit us also for more information.
© 2019 BY THE WAY with Jimi le Roux | www.jimileroux.com

You need to be a member of jimileroux.com to add comments!

Join jimileroux.com

Email me when people reply –